Thursday, May 7, 2009

I'm back... NRT

We are finally moved and unpacked---I can almost hear choirs of angels singing.
In celebration of having one on one time with my computer again, I am returning to Natural Remedy Thursday.
I thought it appropriate to address back pain, seeing as how we have become reacquainted this past week.

I found this page interesting, as I have probably been doing some of my lifting incorrectly.

In my days as a dancer, I often sought the advice of my muscle therapist. He is an encyclopedia of curing just about any ache and pain. The obvious (and most important) ones are listed first. In the words of Ed...

-deep massage followed by drinking LOTS of water

-Include foods that have rich Vitamin C content, such as citrus fruit, tomatoes, blueberries and strawberries, in your diet.

-Eat two to three cloves of garlic in a day. Garlic oil can also be effective in curing backache. To prepare garlic oil, fry ten cloves of garlic in 60 ml of oil (mustard oil, sesame oil or coconut oil). Strain the oil, let it cool down a bit and massage the back with it.

-Apply potato, in the poultice form. Peel a potato and cut into cubes. Boil the cubes and mash them. After they cool down a bit, apply on the back and hold it there with a bandage, for an hour.

2 comments:

Tanya Leigh said...

This is great info. Coy ALWAYS has back pain. One question: How do you get rid of the obvious garlic smell???

Emily Ruth said...

Yeaaaaaah. The garlic smell, doesn't go away until a good shower. Roger slept in the guest room that night; )